East Kent Light Railway 1912 - 1948

Nationality:
British
based:
Kent, England, United Kingdom

Intened to link Kent coalpits. Opened for goods in November 1911 and passengers in 1916. It closed completely to passengers in 1948 and retained its independance until nationalisation. The last goods trian was in 1951 but one part opf the line remained opend. A preservation society was formed in 1985. Official closure was in 1987.