Lambourn Valley Railway 1893 - 1903

Nationality:
British

The LVR was a minor railway running from the town of Newbury, Berkshire north-west to the village of Lambourn. The lined opened in 1898 but was taken over by there Great Western Railway in 1905. The line itself remained open to passenger traffic until 1960, and finally closed to all traffic in 1973.