Bideford Extension Railway 1853 - 1862

Nationality:
British

Authorized on 4 August 1853 as a 6.5-mile extension of the NDR&DC from Fremington to Bideford, it was leased from opening on 2 November 1855 by Thomas Brassey, who worked it as one with the North Devon Railway. The L&SWR took over the lease from 1 August 1862, abosrbing the company with effect from 1 January 1865 (Act of 25 July 1864).