North Devon Railway & Dock Company 1851 - 1863

Nationality:
British

Previously known as the Taw Vale Railway & Dock Company, took on its new name on the last day of the Parliamentary Session during which it was authorised, on 24 July 1851. It was worked for a year by the Bristol & Exeter Railway and then leased by Thomas Brassey. The London & South Western Railway took over the lease with effect from 1 January 1863. absorbing the company by an Act dated 25 July 1864.