Bangor & Caernarvon Railway Company 1851 - 1867
Incroporated on 20 May 1851 to build between the two towns, the junction with C&HR, which was authorized to work the line was actually at Menai Bridge. It was an 8.5-mile single line, wit a 1-mile branch to Pory Dinorwic, which opened on 1 March 1852 for goods. The line opened throughout for passengers on 1 July, and for goods on 10 August. Agreement to lease the line to C&HR for 999 years was made with effect from 1 July 1852, but the company was instead transferred by Act on 10 July 1854; dissolution was delayed until 15 July 1867.