Barton & Immingham Light Railway 1907 - 1912

Nationality:
British

This scheme, authorized by a light railway act on 19 July 1907, gave Hull direct access to Immingham via New Holland. Its single line, worked on the tablet system, ran from the New Holland-Ulceby line just south of Goxhill for 7.5 miles east of Immingham West, and opened from Immingham to Killingholme on 1 December 1910, to Goxhill on 1 May 1911 (both goods only), and for passengers throughout on the following day. At Immingham it met the Humber Commercial Railway and Dock in a triangular junction; it was vested in the HCR&D with effect from 31 December 1912.