Piccadilly & Brompton Railway Great Northern 1902 - 1910

Nationality:
British

Formed on 18 November 1902 when the Brompton & Piccadilly Circus Railway (incorp. 1897) changed its name. The line opened between Finsbury Park and Hammersmith on 15 December 1906, and the South Kensington to Earls Court section eventually became party of the current Picadilly Line. The company absorbed the GN & Strand Railway and changed its own name, yet again, becoming the London Electric Railway by an Act of 26 July 1910.