Keswick & Penrith Railway Cockermouth 1861 - 1922
- Cockermouth, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
The Cockermouth, Keswick and Penrith Railway was incorporated on 1 August 1861, for a line connecting the town of Cockermouth with the London and North Western Railway West Coast Main Line at Penrith. The line was 31.5 miles (50km) in length, and had eight intermediate stations. The line opened on 2 January 1865 and although the London & North Western Railway company took over the running of passenger services in 1866, they Cockermouth, Keswick and Penrith Railway remained in existence up until the grouping of 1923.