Bears, on front cover, 'Woodall Coachmaker 28 Orchard Street Portman Square'. Each design, a pen and ink drawing (side elevation), includes basic measurements, with construction details beneath and customer's name above. There are four designs to each double page which a later hand has dated. Volume, prefaced by A-Z customer name index, has two metal clasps. With 7 loose carriage designs and 10 loose heraldic painter's colour drawings of hammercloths, and much later notes re carriage types.
Although the earliest design has been assigned the date 1810-11, John Woodall does not appear in the London directory until 1836. The firm becomes John Woodall & Son in 1857.