Letters patent granted to Stephen Geary for 'Improvements in the preparation of fuel'
Patent no. 7654 issued by Queen Victoria, dated 26 May 1838. The address of Geary, architect, given as Hamilton Place, New Road, Middlesex. It is accompanied by a 'Copy Agreement between Mr. Stephen Geary and The Trustees of the British Asphaltum & Patent Coal Company' dated 30 Jun 1838, signed by J. Kirkman, King William Street. They are all encased in a metal box.