PS Duchess of Hamilton
Paddlebox cover, splasher, from Caledonian Steam Packet Company's PS 'Duchess of Hamilton', built by William Denny, Dumbarton and launched on 10th April 1890. Used for express services on the Firth of Clyde in association with Caledonian Railway services to destinations including Brodick, Rothesay and Millport. Converted in 1915 to minesweeper as Auxilliary Patrol Paddler 933. Sunk off Harwich 0n 29th November 1915 with loss of nine lives. Coat of arms with motto 'Through'.
- Railway Shipping
- Object Number:
- paddlebox cover
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.