British Tabulating Machine Company Limited
1902 - Originally formed as The Tabulator Limited, by Robert Porter who obtained rights from the US Tabulating Machine Company (or TMC) to sell Herman Hollerith's machines. 1909 - Name changed to British Tabulating Machine Company Limited. 1920 - Company moves manufacturing from London to Letchworth, Hertfordshire. The registered office address remains: Victoria House, Southampton Row, London, WC1. 1940 - Company manufactures the first 'Turing Bombe'. 1959 - Company merges with its former rival 'Powers-Sama', to become International Computers and Tabulators Limited.