Geological Society 1807
- English; British
- Covent Garden, Camden, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
1807 - inaugurated at a dinner at the Freemasons Tavern, which formerly stood at the site of the modern Connaught Rooms, Great Queen Street, Covent Garden. 1808 - first constitution of the Society formally adopted. 1809 - moved into rented premises at 4 Garden Court, Temple. 1810 - moved to 3 Lincoln's Inn Fields, where it shared larger premises with the Medical and Chirurgical Society. 1811 - the first volume of the transactions of the Geological Society published. 1816 - due to continued growth in the membership and of the collections of maps, sections and mineral specimens, the Society moved to 20 Bedford Street, Covent Garden. 1825 - a Rotal Charter granted by King George IV. 1828 - moved to apartments in Somerset House. 1874 - finally moved to apartments in Burlington House, London. 1973 - The old Meeting Room was reconstructed to form the present Lecture Theatre.