Williamson Manufacturing Company Limited 1910

Nationality:
British
based:
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom

Successor to Williamson Kinematograph Co of Hove, founded by cinematography pioneer James Williamson (1855-1933) in Hove; the Williamson company concentrated on the production of cameras and printers, moving to Williamson House, 28 Denmark Street, Charing Cross Road, 1910; continued to trade as Williamson Kinematograph Company until second world war; factory at Wilsden Green; manufacturer of cameras and printing equipment and film developing (especially x-ray film); noted for aerial and reconnaissance cameras (used by RAF during both first and second world wars); diversified into pump manufacture in 1950s in association with Gorman Rupp Industries of Ohio; currently (2011) manufactures pumps