1851 or 52 - company established by Charles Mark Palmer and his elder brother George as Palmer Bros & Co.
1853 - Palmer starts an engineering side to the business to build engines for his vessels.
1854 - first rolled armour plates produced for warships.
1856 - was a major builder of warships for the Royal Navy.
1860 - Charles Palmer purchased 14 collieries to safeguard his coal supply and leased land in North Yorkshire and set up the Grindle Park Mining Company in order to mine it.
1861 - secured a contract from the Italian Government to build mail steamers.
1865 - incorporated as a Public Limited Liability Company.
1872 - first double bottoms for water ballast used for carrying oil.
1874 - George Palmer retired from the business.
1893 - Charles resigned from the company, aged 71 following heavy financial losses.
1902 - Christopher Furness acquired the interests of Sir Charles Mark Palmer and was appointed chairman.
1927 - the first bracket-less tanker designed by Sir Joseph Isherwood, the Beaconstreet.
1930 - the tanker Peter Hurll was the 1000th ship launched.
1931 - the last merchant ship built at the yard was the tanker British Strength.
1933 - The Palmer Shipyard was acquired by National Shipbuilders Security Ltd.
1935 - Palmer Shipyard demolished.