Curtis and Kennedy Bury 1842 - 1851
- Liverpool, Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
Edward Bury set up his works some time around 1823, under the name of Edward Bury and Company. He initially employed James Kennedy to be his works foreman, however, he later became a partner in the company. In 1842, Bury took Kennedy as a partner, and the company changed its name to Bury, Curtis, and Kennedy. By 1846, much larger engines were being requested by the railway companies and, though sales continued, the company had fallen behind in its designs and was wound up in 1851.