Godfrey Phillips Limited 1844 - 1968
- London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
1844 - founded by Godfrey Phillips, a tobacconist in the Barbican, London; later Godfrey Phillips and Sons;
1908 - registered as a limited company - Godfrey Phillips Limited; Operated from Commercial Street, London and had factories in Edinburgh, Bombay, Colombo, Melbourne and Wellington; absorbed many other firms and had a number of subsidiaries, including Abdulla & Co, Cavenders, Cohen and Weenan, Dominion Tobacco, Major Drapkin, Markovich, Millhoff, Muratti, Sarony, Teofani Thompson and Porteous, UK Tobacco Co;
1936 – new HQ and factory at 112, Commercial Street, London E1, built by G G Scott;
1968 - Philip Morris International Financial Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Philip Morris Inc., acquired full ownership of Godfrey Phillips Ltd. Holding company of Godfrey Phillips India Ltd.