1828 - Hughes and Sons were originally clock makers in the East End of London who later supplied sextants and chronometers to ships coming into the Thames
Partnership headed by Alexander Hughes, son of Henry Hughes (w.1835-79, d.1879),
1879-1941 - Traded at 59 Fenchurch St., London England.
1903 - Incorporated as a limited company
1915 - Factory at Hainault, London
1917 - Works at Forest Gate and Ilford, London, England
1947 - merged with Kelvin Bottomley & Baird Ltd. to become Kelvin & Hughes Limited;